I get tattoos, am I more at risk for hepatitis c?

Yes. You are only at risk is universal infection precautions are not carried out. Ie. Sterilization, disposable needles, etc. Homemade or prison tattoos where the sharing of needles or ink is common is a common source of hepatitis C transmission. Be sure to ensure that your tatoo parlor uses proper sanitary precautions and techniques.
Yes. Hepatitis c is transmitted via blood exposure which includes dirty needles. Tattoo parlors should dispose of needles after each use otherwise one can get hepatitis C from dirty needles.
Yes. Tattooing is a known risk factor for hepatitis c. Improper sterilization of their equipment in between clients is the cause.
Yes. One who gets tattoos can be at higher risk for blood-borne diseases like hepatitis c, hepatitis b, hiv, etc. This theoretically could occur when the tattoo establishment fails to properly sterilize the equipment, reuses needles and other instruments, etc. This could occur accidentally (by not paying attention to what they are doing) or purposely (in order to save money and time.) be cautious!
Yes. It all depends on good technique. Any blood exposure increases risk. The risk is reduced with good sterile techniques, so always deal with a reputable establishment. Don't be afraid to ask about their sterilization protocols, even to the point of having them do it to the equipment they are going to use on you while you watch.
Yes. The sterility of the equipment determines your risk. Needles and ink guns that are not properly sterilized can transmit hepatitis C and also b.
Yes. Tattooing has been proven to increase the risk of blood-borne diseases, although domestic tattoo parlors are more regulated and have higher standards than overseas.
Yes. With each skin penetration, you have the possibility of contracting a blood borne illness. Your best bet is to make sure your artist is opening up brand new sterile containers and needles each time.