My mother in law claims that it is unhealthy for me to breast feed when i become angry or upset that it makes the baby sick & can cause her death... ?

In brief: Myth

Sounds like your mother in law either doesn't respect your decision to breastfeed or is generally misinformed.
Either way she is wrong. There has never been a better feed that a mothers milk for her own baby.

In brief: Myth

In brief: No harm w/breast!

Whaterver mood or emotional state you are in, your breastmilk will remain "liquid gold" for you baby.
Breast is indeed best and will never harm him/her with changes in your affect.

In brief: No harm w/breast!

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
Dr. Oscar Novick

In brief: Angry

I wouldn't worry about your baby dying, bur your baby may sense your anger and not nurse as well as he might otherwise.
Stay calm and enjoy your nursing and your baby.

In brief: Angry

Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Oscar Novick
Dr. Cindy Juster