I have chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps for years, ENT said i shouldn't get surgery because it will probably come back, should I see another ENT ?

Dr. Alen Cohen
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Yes definitely

This is a very old thinking by ents who are not very good at nose/sinus surgery.
About 30% of polyps are recurrent but not all with good sinus surgery. However you need to continue medical management for polyps after surgery to prevent them from coming back. That is usually by using a steroid nose spray twice a day. See a rhinologist for an expert opinion. More info on my site www.Socalsinus.Com.

In brief: Yes definitely

Dr. Alen Cohen
Dr. Alen Cohen
Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Likely

If the nasal polyps are obstructing your sinus and nasal passages, the answer is likely yes.
You also need to be worked up to find out if you may have a sensitivity to Aspirin in which case desensitization to Aspirin may prevent recurrence of polyps and sinusitis. People with chronic sinusitis should consider an immune workup as well , i recommend that you consult an allergist.

In brief: Likely

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine