I want to inject myself human chorionic gonadotropin for fertility treatments. Can i?

If prescribed by MD. In women, human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hcg, pregnancy hormone) is used as a 'triggering shot' so that you release eggs or ovulate, with or without drugs like clomid (clomiphene). For in vitro fertilization it can be used to stimulate follicle growth and to 'trigger' egg maturity. Men with low hormone levels (hypogonadism) may take HCG shots to increase sperm production. Ok to self-inject if prescribed for you.