Hi docs, would eating a vegetarian diet help me lose fat/muscle?

Dr. Harold Peltan
Ophthalmology

In brief: Fat loss

A vegetarian diet combined with exercise usually helps a person lose fat.
One must be careful to get enough protein and exercise to avoid losing too much muscle. Consider partnering with an experienced vegetarian to help you get started.

In brief: Fat loss

Dr. Harold Peltan
Dr. Harold Peltan
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu

In brief: Vegetarian diet

A lot of people are using vegetarian diet to lose weight.
While this diet may work for people, their are a lot of fat vegetarians. It may lead reduction in amount of calories consumed for those on high meat and fat diet. My humble opinion is that if you are a meat eater switching to vegetarian diet in other to lose weight will likely result in more fat loss but also some muscle loss.

In brief: Vegetarian diet

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Marsha Davis