My one year old son is missing his big toe nail and his other big t oe only has half a nail he has ple nty of calcium ?

Dr. Michael Kelber

In brief: Missing toenails

Calcium intake has nothing to do with finger or toe nails.
Loss of toenails usually comes from either trauma or infection. Some children rip their nails off, but usually not at age 1. I would take him in to see his doctor to determine what is the cause of this problem.

In brief: Missing toenails

Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Michael Kelber
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Onychomadesis

Onychomadesis what you’ll see: proximal separation of the nail plate from the nail bed.
This typically results in shedding of the nail. What to suspect: trauma is the usual cause. Less common causes include poor nutritional status, febrile illness, or drug sensitivity.

In brief: Onychomadesis

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Shontae Buffington