If I have fertility problems n get help can I try to conceive twins after waiting seven yrs would it b a risk im 22?

Dr. Michael Murray
Fertility Medicine

In brief: No

Twins, by definition, is a high risk pregnancy.
Fertility specialists should have the goal of one baby at a time.

In brief: No

Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Michael Murray
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Maybe. Higher risk.

Depends on why you're not pregnant & what kind of treatment you need.
First see reproductive endocrinology / infertility (rei) md to find out why. Sperm problems are common (have you tried 7 years with 1 partner?), also blocked tubes, ovulation or hormonal problems, problems inside the uterus such as fibroids and polyps, and low egg supply. Twins are higher risk than single baby, discuss with rei.

In brief: Maybe. Higher risk.

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: No

But i wou seek professional advice.
If you were only 15 you were probably not ovulating regularly yet. Have you been on birth control since that time? If so the length and kind may affect the length of time it may take you to get pregnant . You should have a good talk with your physician about your past issues and what you need to do including diet and vitamins, especially folic acid.

In brief: No

But i wou seek professional advice.
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
3 comments
Dr. Marsha Davis
Deniss, as you ovulate irregularly when young of course you can get pregnant it you are menstruating. What I meant was that just because you had problems at 15 does not mean you will necessarily have them at 22. Have you had female surgery?
Dr. Marsha Davis
Did they remove the Fallopian tube? The mittens can make it more difficult for the lining of your uterus to build up. There may be some damage fr the previous surgeries, sorry I misunderstood you, but you otherwise seem young and healthy. If you try 2 years( I know that seems an eternity) and are not pregnant, maybe sooner, your OB may be willing to test to see that your lining is fine and
Dr. Adam Levy