When you are pregnant , is it true you eat for two?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Just one plus...

The recommended weight gain for pregnancy is 25-30 lbs.
During first trimester, some women may gain some 2-4 lbs, others none, still others may actualy lose some due to v/n etc..As pregnancy progresses, mom's caloric intake increases, maybe 400-500 cal extra daily at end of pregnancy...But not for 2. F/u with doc regular and follow the OB advice for proper diet/wt gain.. Good luck.

In brief: Just one plus...

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: U can but should u?

A woman needs to nourish herself and her fetus(es) when pregnant.
It is probably best for her to speak with an experienced OB or nutritionist about what is best to eat when pregnant. I will add my guide to healthy eating in the comments below the answer for more information.

In brief: U can but should u?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Healthy Eating https://www.healthtap.com/health_guide/23

In brief: Baby very small

The answer is yes, but i always tell my patients "you eat for two, but remember the baby eats very little because its very small :)".

In brief: Baby very small

Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Adam Levy