I've had the Depo-Provera for six months and it's almost time for the new one. But recently i've started experiencing extreme pregnancy symptoms. Could I be?

Dr. Sarah Buchanan
In brief: Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone)
Chances are that, if you have received the Depo Provera (medroxyprogesterone) on time, you are not pregnant.
However, no birth control is perfect. You should check a pregnancy test if you are suspicious. Some types of birth control will make you feel bloated, have tender breasts, and feel "pregnant" during the first 6-12 months of use. This is likely what is happening to you. It should get better over time.

Dr. Sarah Buchanan
Dr. Sarah Buchanan
Dr. Jay Epstein
In brief: Defer to OB-GYN
Would defer that question to an ob-gyn with more history, like: what symptoms? When was your last depo shot? Other medications? Last intercourse? To name a few.

In brief: Defer to OB-GYN
Dr. Jay Epstein
Dr. Jay Epstein
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham