What causes hair on th head to grow faster and thicker?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Rogaine, (minoxidil) Propecia

The only two hair growth products currently on the market with real clinical data to support their use are rogaine (minoxidil) (topical) and Propecia (oral).
They work by different mechanisms, so I have my patients use both. Rogaine (minoxidil) is otc, Propecia requires a prescription. The downside is that insurance seldom pays for either one; but Propecia is about to go generic, which should lower the price.

In brief: Rogaine, (minoxidil) Propecia

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern

In brief: Hair growth

Most common cause of sudden hair growth is hormonal or drug induced.
There are many other cause so be sure to see a dermatologist to find out why.

In brief: Hair growth

Dr. Christopher Moeller
Dr. Christopher Moeller