Whats the best antibiotic for strep throat?

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Penicillin still #1
Despite being the oldest antibiotic, it is still the medicine of choice for treating strep throat infection.
It is not 100%, but still the "standard of care." it is sometime not used because of penicillin allergies or because of younger age (adolescent/teen-more difficult with schedule--school/sports etc) due to required frequency of use --4x/day for 10 days.. Good luck.

In brief: Penicillin still #1
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Penicillin
Penicillin is inexpensive, limited in bacterial spectrum so unlikely to cause as many overgrowth issues, effective against the bug and easy to tolerate.
There are theoretical reasons to take other drugs, but you asked for my opinion of the "best". The decision always involves assessment of risks vs. Benefits.

In brief: Penicillin
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Jonathan Jassey