I'm 37 and just had my 2nd miscarriage in my 5 week of pregnancy. What could be causing my miscarriages?

Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Miscarriage
Miscarriages early in pregnancy are usually caused by an abnormal chromosomal complement in the fetus.
As you get older chromosomal abnormalities become more frequent, that increases your risk of a miscarriage as well as a chromosomally abnormal child, such as down syndrome.

In brief: Miscarriage
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Denise Lochner
In brief: Several things
Unfortunately, miscarriages are common - 20-25% of pregnancies end in miscarriages.
This is increased when the mother is > 35 Y.O. I would recommend that you speak with your doctor. Recurrent miscarriages warranting a full workup is recommended after 3 miscarriages. But frequently, there are some initial lab tests that can be done to ensure that you do not have a treatable medical condition.

In brief: Several things
Dr. Denise Lochner
Dr. Denise Lochner
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham