I have chronic redness on both my upper arms. Is the redness part of keratosis pilaris?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Keratosis pilaris

Betamide lotion is a therapeutic exfoliating moisturizer for chronically and severely dry skin.
It contins 25% urea to penetrate the skin and help retain moisture, and 4% Lactic Acid to exfoliate dead skin. The combination and high levels of both key ingredients make betamide effective to a wide range of skin conditions including keratosis pilaris.

In brief: Keratosis pilaris

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Probably.

While there are other things that will cause redness on the upper arms, kp is by far the most common.
Think of kp as eczema of the hair follicles of the upper arms (and sometimes the upper legs and buttocks). A mid-strength corticosteroid cream will control it quite readily in most cases.

In brief: Probably.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern