Can you tell me what you suggest if my aunt has cancer, then is there a low/medium/high chance that my dad, and then i, may also have inherited the genes?

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Depends

...On the kind of cancer, the age at which she got it, the number of people in the family, and lots of other factors.
Most cancers are not caused by an inherited gene defect. If you are very concerned, talk to your doc and if he/she thinks is proper, you may need to see a genetics specialist. If your aunt is the only one with cancer and had it late in life, odds are that is not an inherited trait.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion
Dr. Adam Smith