Can you tell me if i were to get my wisdom teeth removed, would I have the choice for local anesthetics?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Of course

Patients always may elect to have wisdom teeth removed with local anesthetic only.

In brief: Of course

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Probably not

The oral surgeon will use the local anesthetic that he/she is accustomed to.
Not sure why it would make a difference to you as to which local anesthetic is used. But it can't hurt to ask.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

Yes.
Some patients are allergic to certain local anesthetics. For best results, see a board certified oral surgeon - have the widest experience and widest range of techniques.

Yes.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Eric Weisman