I have 6yr old. Trying to conceive for 10mths, in 09 had surgery had 2cyst 1in fallopian tube n 1by ovary would that b the problem. Bc IUD mirena (levonorgestrel)?

Dr. Margot Watson
Gynecology

In brief: Not the Mirena (levonorgestrel)

It is normal to take 12 months to conceive.
The Mirena (levonorgestrel) has no lasting ill effects on fertility. If you haven't gotten pregnant after a few more months of trying (having intercourse every 2-3 days around the middle of your cycle), see your gyn. Be sure you are taking a multivitamin with Folic Acid daily.

Dr. Margot Watson
Dr. Margot Watson

In brief: Trying to conceive

Previous surgery might be a problem. If you haven't already, i recommend seeing your dr for an exam & basic work up.
From there, you may be referred to a reproductive endocrinologist, who specializes in fertility problems. I also recommend 'taking charge of your fertility' by toni weschler - website www.Tcoyf.Com.

In brief: Trying to conceive

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
You would need a pelvic exam, to discuss your cycles and how regular they are, and some bloodwork (like checking a thyroid level) as part of the work up. Depending if you see a primary care Dr or a Gyn, they may either do more than that or refer you on. Check out the book, Ms. Weschler goes into everything in detail.
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: Need more info

It's doubtful your Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud is your reason for difficulty conceiving (unless it's still in?).
Are you having normal cycles (implies ovulation)? Is your partner fertile (has children, no vas.)? Your surgery on your tubes may have caused obstruction or defective tubes. I recommend you see your gyn to evaluate your fertility, tubal patency (hsg, lh, semen analysis, pelvic us, or lsc).

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Cindy Juster