How important is it to get warts removed? I have aquarter size wart on my foot no pain.

Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Not that important
Plantar warts are not dangerous and removal is not important unless causing you pain with walking etc.
.They do get harder to remove as they get larger, but otherwise it is not a dangerous thing to have on your foot. U can try some otc product such compound-w etc... If so desire, consult doc for office removal or prescription medicine. Good luck.

In brief: Not that important
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Warts
Warts are caused by a virus and they should be removed before there are more of them and they do cause pain.
See your podiatrist for help

In brief: Warts
See your podiatrist for help
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: First, be sure its
A wart. Reasons to get rid of warts include possibility of them spreading or transforming from a benign process to a more dangerous and non benign lesion.
Some believe you can leave alone and they will eventually go away. I am of the camp that recommends treating them.

In brief: First, be sure its
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Moderately.
There is no great urgency to removing a wart, particularly one that isn't bothering you - but it will start to hurt if you leave it long enough, in many cases; and by then you are likely to notice some other warts sprouting up, because the virus tends to spread around.
If it's not bothering you now, i'd suggest you try a non-aggressive treatment like a salicylic acid plaster or compound w.

In brief: Moderately.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern