Should I be worried that my baby tugs on his penis?

In brief: No

Absolutely not. It is completely normal for an infant to tug on, fondle or rub his penis once he's developmentally capable of finding it with his hand.

In brief: No

Dr. Sharon Gilliland
Dr. Sharon Gilliland

In brief: No

Completely normal.
At some point he will need to be told not to do it in public, but before that, reacting to this behavior any differently than to any other normal behavior will attach unnecessary special significance to it. Either guilt over, or conversely compulsive fascination with, this activity would be counterproductive.

In brief: No

Completely normal.
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Ruben Rucoba

In brief: No

It's a fact of life: boys of all ages play with their penises.
It's completely normal. However, if the tip of the penis is red or swollen, then he needs to be seen by a doctor. But if the penis looks normal and the child seems to be pain-free, don't worry. As i say in my office, "it's just a phase: he'll only do it for the rest of his life.".

In brief: No

Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Ruben Rucoba
Dr. Johanna Fricke
It doesn't take long for a boy to find. his " tub toy" & learn that playing with it is pleasurable. Just teach that's it's private.
Dr. Shontae Buffington