How do I know if my wisdom tooth extraction is infected?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: See the dentist

If the area is infected you may have persistent pain, pus discharging from the area, may develop fevers, swelling and redness in the area.
If you have a serious concern, go back and see the person who extracted the tooth.

In brief: See the dentist

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Wisdom teeth problem

Infection is suggested if the pain in the area of the removed tooth is increasing in severity after the first 2-3 days.
Check with your dentist. You may not have a fever with it. There may be no other symptoms.

In brief: Wisdom teeth problem

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry

In brief: Pain

If the pain persists and actually increases after two day s i would see your dentist.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Vicken Poochikian