I would like help with an ingrown toe nail?

It may hurt, but... There is a small piece of nail still embedded in the corner. You need to get that out. If you can't get it out on your own, a podiatrist can. Sometimes this can be done without numbing the toe, but often, anesthesia is necessary. If it is a chronic condition, there is a very successful surgery that can be done to permanently correct the problem.
Nail care. Ingrown toenails can be remedied through soaking your foot in warm water, removal of embedded debris from the nail borders, and applying an antibiotic ointment to temporarily soften the corners. One should always try to cut the nails strait across to avoid leaving an embedded nail spicule. If pain or redness continues get it looked at by a professional.