I had a v-beam laser treatment on a spider angiome on my face. Is there anything I can do to speed recovery of the bruising/healing of dark veins?

Dr. Lornell Hansen
Phlebology

In brief: Arnica

You can try topical arnica.
It can be found at many health food stores and some laser centers. It is very important that you avoid sun exposure as it can prolong the healing time and increase the possibility of complications.

In brief: Arnica

You can try topical arnica.
Dr. Lornell Hansen
Dr. Lornell Hansen
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Bruising post laser

Although pretreatment with vitamin k did not prevent bruising after laser treatment, use of vitamin k cream after laser treatment did reduce the severity of bruising, particularly in the initial days of application.

In brief: Bruising post laser

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Not really.

The bruising will go away with time; there is no credible evidence that anything currently available will speed that process.
I must add, however, that using a v-beam laser to treat a spider angioma is the equivalent of using a howitzer to swat a fly; a momentary touch with an electrocautery needle would have accomplished the same thing with little or no bruising.

In brief: Not really.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern