I spoke with a researcher at ucla in 1989 who had followed 60, 000 pregnancies, elevated AFP levels, and outcomes. Does anyone know this doc or study?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Several doctors

The late david rimoin was one of the best known geneticists in our area (prenatal diagnosis).
He worked at ucla with others like my mentors, larry d platt of usc then ulca and cedars and gregory devore now in pasadena. They and others were involved in the 1980s studies.

In brief: Several doctors

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Wesley Grootwassink

In brief: Another study

I am not familiar with the study you mention, but there was another from the univeristy of so.
Alabama in the mid 90s that deatailed unexplained elevated AFP levels in pregnancy and the outcomes.

In brief: Another study

Dr. Wesley Grootwassink
Dr. Wesley Grootwassink
Dr. Adam Levy