My blood pressure has been 135/100-153/103, consistantly for weeks. Is this ok? I have been bottling stress and under manditory struggle it seems

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: BP is TOO HIGH

Generally the goal for treated blood pressure (BP) is <140/90 so you are a candidate for medical therapy but can you make any life style changes? It is recommended to excercise 30 min.
/day, eat a diet low in salt/fat, get plenty of sleep, and avoid alcohol. If you snore, sleep apnea may also contribute to high bp. Practice stress reduction with meditation/prayer/etc...Get checked soon.

In brief: BP is TOO HIGH

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Howard Rubin
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Hypertension

You have moderate hypertension that can increase your risk of stroke, kidney failure, and heart failure if not reduced to less than 140/90.

In brief: Hypertension

Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Adam Smith