I have been having cramps lately with my birth control, implanon, and had previously had them with mirena, (levonorgestrel) could the pains be related?

Pelvic cramps. Implanon/nexplanon and Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud all have the Progesterone hormone in common.They can cause some cramps with the break through bleeding.Progesterone alone can't support the endometrium or lining of the uterus effectively-so you have bleeding due to shedding of lining and minor cramps.If the pain is intolerable or persistent please go for an exam and a pregnancy test with a sonogram- may be a cyst.
Possible. In medicine sometimes everything is possible. Best advice for you is to see a doctor for evaluation and find something to provide relief from the pain.