I have occasional knee pain that's even worse during the winter. I ran track for 4 years, but doctors found nothing wrong. Any suggestions?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Let me try to help

Most likely some arthritis early in type, some time dose not show on the x-ray, if you not be sure you request MRI to done that will show it.
Good luck thank you.

In brief: Let me try to help

Good luck thank you.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Control symptoms

Your knee pain is either subtle arthritis or less often seen cause of pain that your doctor did not consider, such as iliotibial band syndr or pes anserine tendinitis.
Your options are to seek a second opinion or use practical measures to control your pain. The options are ice, ibuprofen, tylenol, (acetaminophen) stretching, maybe a neoprene brace, and activity modification.

In brief: Control symptoms

Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Vikram Patel