What to do if I have plantar fasciitis, how can I help my feet not hurt so badly?

In brief: Plantar fascitis

Most common cause of heel pain is from plantar fasciitis, a pull/sprain of the plantar fascia from where it attaches to the heel bone on the btm of the foot.
Txs include rigid arch support to decrease the pull of the fascia, combined with antiinflammatory medication (oral and/or injectable) to reduce the inflammation. A partial release may be done surgically in chronic cases that dont respond.

In brief: Plantar fascitis

Dr. Gerard Kerbleski
Dr. Gerard Kerbleski
Dr. Gary Kugler
I would add calf stretches, rolling arch over a tennis ball/frozen soda can and use of a dorsiflexion night splint.

In brief: Ice, see podiatrist

Ice the heels. Look up stretching exercises for plantar fasciitis and if these simple things do not work, see a podiatrist.
If the pain is really bad you may need steroid injections.

In brief: Ice, see podiatrist

Dr. Mak Yousefpour
Dr. Mak Yousefpour
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine