Can there be complications with hepatitis a if I have cancer?

Hepatitis A & Cancer. Sometimes. It depends on your immune status, the type of cancer you have, the type(s) of chemotherapy and other treatments you are taking. It also depends on the viral hepatitis load. Hepatitis a can be a very serious problem if you are immunocompromised, so it is best to consult with your physician for detailed information based on your specific profile.
Maybe (so get vacc.) Although the great majority of normal, healthy people recover from hepatitis a infection without any long term problems, there are always an unlucky few who have very serious symptoms. A few people die each year from liver failure in the U.S., due to hepatitis a infection. A person with cancer and a weakened immune system or damage to the liver may have more complications from hepatitis a virus.