Is hepatitis a the same thing as jaundice?

No. Jaundice is a syndrome of yellowing of the skin and eyeballs due to an increase in a chemical called bilirubin. Many types of liver disease can lead to this, including hepatitis a. However, there are other possible causes of jaundice.
No. Jaundice means yellow. This can be caused by viral hepatitis like acute infection with hepatitis a. But drug induced hepatitis can also cause jaundice. Not every patient with hepatitis a develops jaundice.
No. Jaundice is a symptom of liver dysfunction which can be due to several different illnesses, including hepatitis a.
No. Hepatitis a can lead to jaundice, or yellowing of the eyes and skin. But jaundice can happen in many different types of diseases or disorders, not just liver problems.