Do dentists do root canals on a baby teeth?

Root Canal vs Pulp. If pulp therapy is needed on a baby tooth, it is referred to as a pulpotomy. When a root canal is performed, the tissue is removed from the chamber as well as the canals in each root. When doing a pulpotomy, the tissue in the chamber of the tooth is removed but the canals are not instrumented (cleaned out). If this procedure is performed on a baby tooth it should be referred to a pulpotomy.
Depends. If needed what is most often done is called a pulpotomy. This is the removal of the tissue in the chamber of the tooth, but not that in the root. The roots will eventually "resorb" or disappear as the permanent tooth erupts, or the tooth will fall out. If material is put into the roots it can interfere with this process. However in some cases it may be done with a material which will allow this.
Yes. The goal of root canal therapy is to clean out the infected tissue inside the tooth. Removing that tissue will control the infection. There are different kinds of root canals on baby teeth: 1) a pulpotomy, where only the infected tissue is removed, and 2)a pulpectomy when all the nerve tissue inside the tooth is removed.
Yes, pulpotomy. also called called a baby tooth root canal. It is a very routine procedure in children and has a good prognosis of success.