How can I remove colored egg dye from my child's skin?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Bleach, witch hazel
Ah, kids -- as my father used to say, "can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em!" there's no end to the mischief they can get into.
No personal experience, but i'm told that rubbing the stains gently with witch hazel, or a dilute solution of bleach (25% in water) will do the trick. And next easter, try to persuade your kids to use spoons to dip the eggs, not their fingers!

In brief: Bleach, witch hazel
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
2 comments
Dr. Pam Yoder
What about colored paint from Holi celebrations on college campuses?
Dr. Joseph Eastern
First of all I advise people to apply a good moisturizer all over the body before applying the paint; it makes cleanup much easier. Soap & water will take off most Holi paints, but one patient told me that lemon juice will take off (or at least fade) the stubborn areas.
Dr. Shontae Buffington