My 9 month child has a snoring noise while breathing. What could be the reason?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Adenoids

I am assuming you mean while your child is awake.
The most common reason for this would be enlarged adenoids and/or nasal congestion. It would be worthwhile to have your pediatrician take a look or be seen by an ENT that treats children to ensure there isnt something more concerning.

In brief: Adenoids

Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Snoring 9 Month Old

Snoring in a 9-month old is usually nothing to be concerned about regarding being a "dangerous" condition.
It's hard to watch a child under 1 year of age sleep, as they make lots of sound in their sleep. If the nose is stopped up all the time, a saline nose spray may help loosen mucus. Prescription nose sprays may help relieve a blocked nose. Enlarged adenoids, at this age, are usually the cause.

In brief: Snoring 9 Month Old

Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Cindy Juster