Does it stand to reason that floating stool in the absence of fat malabsorption (normal CT scan and 72hr fat test isn't be caused by pancreatic cancer?

Floaters. 99% of floating stools are caused by trapped gas . This is the truth in spite of what you might pick up from 'pop' accounts. It happens to me if i chew gum. Congratulations on not using tobacco. Keep an eye on the stomach issues -- and if the pain changes, consider a check once again. And if you have malabsorption or maldigestion, it's much less subtle than just a floating stool.