Should I send my 7 year old child to school with his ringworm rash?

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology

In brief: No, get treatment

Ringworm is caused by a fungus and is highly contagious especially thru skin-to-skin contact.
It is easily treated and quickly responds to treatment (usually with topical antifungal creams). If your child is being treated then they can go back to school usually after 24-48 hours. The child should avoid direct contact or contact sports until rash has resolved.

In brief: No, get treatment

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. Francine Yep

In brief: Yes. Keep covered.

Agree with dr. L: you can treat with antifungal cream [like the athlete's foot creams].
It's very contagious through close contact, so keep it covered [wear long sleeve, pants or put on one of those cool bandages] and it's off to school. Also don't share clothing, hats, towels, hair brushes, or other personal items. Good luck!

In brief: Yes. Keep covered.

Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Francine Yep
Dr. Cindy Juster