My kid has the flu, but his symptoms seem mild. Can he still go to school?

Dr. DAVID AMOS
In brief: Flu
If itis documented flu, the child must stay home until the sign and symptome were gone.

In brief: Flu
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Agree w Dr. Ferguson
...But i question if it's "flu" that your kid has.
I don't know where you are, but here in the philly area we're not seeing flu yet. Did he have a flu test? If it's been confirmed, then it's flu. If it hasn't, then did a doctor say it's flu?

In brief: Agree w Dr. Ferguson
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Depends on situation
The amount of viral shedding is directly correlated with the amount of fever and all oral droplet material is potentially infectious.
Some references suggest the kids should stay home until fever free for at least 48hrs.

In brief: Depends on situation
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology