My kid has the flu, but his symptoms seem mild. Can he still go to school?

Dr. DAVID AMOS

In brief: Flu

If itis documented flu, the child must stay home until the sign and symptome were gone.

In brief: Flu

Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. DAVID AMOS
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Agree w Dr. Ferguson

...But i question if it's "flu" that your kid has.
I don't know where you are, but here in the philly area we're not seeing flu yet. Did he have a flu test? If it's been confirmed, then it's flu. If it hasn't, then did a doctor say it's flu?

In brief: Agree w Dr. Ferguson

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: Depends on situation

The amount of viral shedding is directly correlated with the amount of fever and all oral droplet material is potentially infectious.
Some references suggest the kids should stay home until fever free for at least 48hrs.

In brief: Depends on situation

Dr. Shontae Buffington