Is there any special kind of wall padding I can get to put in the room of a child with autism?

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Yes, but do more.

1st, this question begs a response like "padded walls are not a legitimate treatment".
But it is a reasonable question. Head-banging, destructive rage, etc, may be problems that need practical steps. I suspect there is a material that "gives" a bit &is durable that can't be pulled off or chewed.Still, the ultimate approach however is to get meaningful med treatment to reduce rage, anxiety, confusion.

In brief: Yes, but do more.

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Glen Elliott
I agree with all the above, but physicians probably aren't the best sources of informatoin for your actual question. Might consider contacting a local school that specializes in children with autism; I'm sure they've had to face this question often.
Dr. Eric Weisman