Is Paxil (paroxetine) safe in cardiac patients?

Yes, it is safe. Paxil (paroxetine) is the drugs of choice for the management of depression in elderly patients, especially those with cardiac arrhythmias. Always ask your doctor for more information about your individual situation.
Probably. Paxil (paroxetine) is an ssri antidepressant. Fda approved for variety of anxiety and (non-bipolar) depressive conditions. Untreated mental health difficulties including anxiety and depression may contribute to a worse heart health outcome. Primary concern with Paxil is potential greater (relative) medication interaction liability. Prescriber awareness of the full medication regimen is important.