Do you feel circumcision is a strange custom for a baby boy?

Not at all. What I find strange are men who accuse their parents of abuse, want a foreskin reconstruction, or people who try to shame others about the decision.
No. For a variety of reasons, circumcisions have been performed for thousands of years.In millions of men. Not so strange.
Not at all. All jewish and muslims men, as well as over 70% of american males are circumcised, so even if medically unnecessary, circumcision isn't strange. Many proponents and many oponents have very strong views about the practice, but because it is strange.
Benefits, new data. Examination of scientific studies between 1995 and now shows links between circumcision and decreased risks for urinary tract infections, some kinds of cancer, hpv, hiv, and other sexually transmitted diseases. There is a preventative effect. It is now recommended by the american academy of pediatrics.