What is a good age to take a child off her bottle and use only cups?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: 12-15 mos.
I recommend by 15 months of age to eliminate bottles (and pacifiers) to protect the teeth.
But any time earlier is fine.

In brief: 12-15 mos.
But any time earlier is fine.
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: When you can
If your kid masters the cup earlier than 12 mo, it is fine to shift when you can.
If they have a tight attachment to the bottle as a security/comfort object, I just put water in it after a year. At that point, you keep sugary drinks off the teeth, but don't face a fight.If the kid hates the water, it has an incentive to toss the bottle. If it is a security object, I let them decide when to stop.

In brief: When you can
Dr. Shontae Buffington