Sore, swollen lymph nodes under my right arm for 8 months. Spread to groin, & behind both knees. Ct scan neg. Had two sonograms under right arm, but surgeons say nodes not big enough to biopsy?

Dr. Herbert Hoover
General Practice

In brief: May need 2nd opinion

Sore lymph nodes are usually inflammatory and not malignant.
I'm assuming that your nodes are less than 1 cm in size if your surgeon says they are too small to biopsy. Malignant nodes usually grow slowly to greater than 1cm. That is not an absolute rule and biopsy can be considered if nodes are persistent and are otherwise unexplained. If they persist and are concerning, get another opinion.

In brief: May need 2nd opinion

Dr. Herbert Hoover
Dr. Herbert Hoover
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Ophthalmology

In brief: See integrativdoctor

Have a swollen lymph nodes under the arms is not normal, especially if it's painful.
The fact that it's also in your groin, and knees warrants further investigation by an integratively trained physician. They will look at this holistically, and get to the root cause of the problem. You may have food allergies, sensitivities, vitamin deficiencies that's affecting your whole body.

In brief: See integrativdoctor

Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Adam Smith