In exercise stress test my sons doctor wrote:"optimal heart rate achieved for nuclear imaging", but my son had regular exercise stress test without nuclear imaging. What does it mean?

Ask. It might be an error in reporting please confirm with the doctor.
Exercise ECG TESTING. Exercise ECG stress test can very effectively risk stratify patients with suspected coronary artery disease who have normal ekg at rest.Exercise ECG testing can evaluate patients who can exercise to a sufficient workload.If there are no abnormailities noted on the ECG with optimal heart rate, nuclear imaging may not have been done discuss with your cardiologist why stress test was done and results.