Can two people with the same blood type have a child with a different blood type?

In brief: Yes it could
For example if both parents are a+, children could be a+, a-, o+, o-.

In brief: Yes it could
Dr. Juan Merayo-Rodriguez
Dr. Juan Merayo-Rodriguez
In brief: No
I suppose you can have one through adoption or donated ivf but otherwise this doesn't happen.
(this doesn't apply to the rh factor issue which is inherited separately from type).

In brief: No
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology
If parents are a or b, it is possible for the baby to be o.
This is because there are two genes for each parents. So a parent could be bb or bo for example. This means that if a parent is ao and one is bo the child could be o as it takes one gene from each parent. Hope this helps.

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Jonathan Jassey