I have a normal resting heart rate, but it seems like my heart rate rises to 75-90 after eating for hours at a time is this normal? Resting hr 50-60

Dr. Joshua Cooper
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Not worrisome

There is a network of nerves through the body that regulates heart rate and blood pressure.
Also, adrenaline is released into the bloodstream to speed up the heart rate and raise blood pressure with certain activities. Because your stomach and intestines need more blood flow after eating, it is possible for the heart rate to rise after eating. If you have symptoms, you should talk to your doctor.

In brief: Not worrisome

Dr. Joshua Cooper
Dr. Joshua Cooper
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology