I was poking around in my ear and i think I have pushed wax further into my ear. I have half hearing in my left ear and have a ringing sound.

Dr. Warren Wolfe

In brief: Impaction??

If your hearing was ok prior to "poking around" in your ear then two things are possible.
1. You pushed the wax deeper into your ear canal 2. You may have caused a perforation of your ear drum. In any event it is essential that you see your family physician asap and let him/her rectify the problem.

In brief: Impaction??

Dr. Warren Wolfe
Dr. Warren Wolfe
Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Impacted cerumen

It's unlikely that you will be able to remove impacted wax.
You could try an otc product like debrox and then gently irrigate the canal yourself, but i recommend having a physician remove the wax expertly either by irrigation or aspiration.

In brief: Impacted cerumen

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: ENT

I would emphasize that an ENT doctor has much more experience in dealing with impacted wax.
Hydrogen peroxide 3%, 3-4 drops four times a day for about 5 days may dissolve the wax. This should teach all of you that q-tips should never be used to clean out wax from the ear canal.

In brief: ENT

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Andrea Brand