How effective is Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) on treating add in children?

Extremely. All of the psychostimulants (ritalin, adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) concerta, focalin) can be extremely effective in the treatment of add / adhd in children (and adults). My first line of treatment, however, is to make sure that the child with add is eating a balanced diet (and doesn't have any food sensitivities), is getting good exercise, and is in psychotherapy (if there are also psychological stressors).