How effective is Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) on treating add in children?

Dr. Martha Stark

In brief: Extremely

All of the psychostimulants (ritalin, adderall, (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) concerta, focalin) can be extremely effective in the treatment of add / adhd in children (and adults).
My first line of treatment, however, is to make sure that the child with add is eating a balanced diet (and doesn't have any food sensitivities), is getting good exercise, and is in psychotherapy (if there are also psychological stressors).

In brief: Extremely

Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Cindy Juster