Me and my partner are trying 4 months now. My period is due in 5 days.For past week I am having abdominal cramps and white discharge? Why is this?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Discharge

Vaginal discharge requires an examination to determine the cause and treatment.
Bacterial vaginosis is the most common cause and often has a vaginal odor. Vaginal itching can be a sign of a yeast infection. Sometimes vaginal discharge can be a sign of a sexual transmitted infection. Testing is important to determine the treatment and keep you and your partner safe.

In brief: Discharge

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Meenakshi Jain
Gynecology

In brief: Pelvic pain

You may have the discharge because of ovulation but if you are having itching and irritation it could be because of yeast infection .
... Cramps could be because you may start a period but also could be because of implanted pregnancy ...Wait to see of your periods comes and if pain or discharge gets worse see a doctor.

In brief: Pelvic pain

Dr. Meenakshi Jain
Dr. Meenakshi Jain
Dr. Jane Van Dis