I had miscarriage at 8 weeks but the baby stopped growing at 5 weeks. What could be the reason why?

In brief: Hard to say

An estimated 1/4 th of these represent abnormalities of genetic material (chromosomes) that could not sustain further development.
Some infections can also interrupt pregnancy.Many are triggered by unknown factors.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Joel Pranikoff

In brief: Diagnosed at 8 weeks

A miscarriage is diagnosed when a patient starts bleeding or when it is discovered on us (in the absence of any symptoms).
You may have lost the pregnancy at 5 weeks gestation and it was not discovered until 8 weeks. Also, many pregnancies miscarry because of an unhealthy fetus or intrauterine environment which may slow the growth of the fetus. I am sorry for your your loss.

In brief: Diagnosed at 8 weeks

Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Shontae Buffington