4 doctors weighed in:
What reaction occurs when a child who is allergic to eggs accidentally eats them?
4 doctors weighed in

Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Pediatrics
3 doctors agree
In brief: Depends
Mild reaction would be itching, rash and abdominal cramping.
Severe reaction would be anaphylaxis where there is a drop in blood pressure, constriction of the airway, shortness of breath, wheezing and swollen lips/tongue. Some children have an egg allergy which is very mild. They can eat a small amount of egg without a problem.

In brief: Depends
Mild reaction would be itching, rash and abdominal cramping.
Severe reaction would be anaphylaxis where there is a drop in blood pressure, constriction of the airway, shortness of breath, wheezing and swollen lips/tongue. Some children have an egg allergy which is very mild. They can eat a small amount of egg without a problem.
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Dr. Gregory Mosolf
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Shontae Buffington
Board Certified, Pediatrics
13 years in practice
833K people helped
Continue
107,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors