What are the annual hospitalization costs of having a child with cystic fibrosis?

Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Varies considerably

There is considerable variance between children and between institutions for the cost of of hospitalizing a child with cf.
Children have variable needs for hospitalization depending on their genotype and adherence to their regimen, and (unfortunately) there is a large amount of variance in practices while hospitalized and costs for these practices.

In brief: Varies considerably

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Heavy

The new science of epigenetics tells us that our genes can be manipulated by diet and non-caloric supplements.
It does not cure the disease but it sure helps! I have done it with some children wth cystic fibrosis. Recurrent lung infections are the major problem.

In brief: Heavy

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale