Took BP before eating high carb meal 127/85 pulse 80, then stood for 12mins. Bp was 108/85 pulse 146 does this suggest postprandial hypotension?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Rapid heart rhythm

Your b p dropped significantly after standing but the pulse rate of 146 was very rapid.
I wonder if this was accurate. We're you lightheaded when your b p dropped? If not, then it is not problematic. A heart rate of 146 would be problematic. Double check your pulse to be sure and see how long it takes to return to normal. Discussion with your physician is recommended.

In brief: Rapid heart rhythm

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Vicken Poochikian