Does it hurt to insert the mirena (levonorgestrel) hurt if you haven't had a child?

2 answers. 1) if you are asking if it is painful, then mildly so, and only for a very short time during and after insertion 2) if you are asking if it causes harm to the uterus or affects future ability to get pregnant and carry a child, then the answer is no.
IUD insertion. Insertion of the Mirena (levonorgestrel) intra-uterine device may cause mild cramping but should not be associated with extreme pain. Normally, i recommend taking Ibuprofen a few hours before insertion to help ease the cramping that might be experienced.
Sometimes. Insertion of the Mirena (levonorgestrel) in a person never having a child could cause some discomfort.. Most physicians will advise you to take a non steroidal(motrin, Aleve etc) 30 minutes prior to the procedure to help with the craming. In my experience this works very well since the produre take less than a few minutes.